Patch For SCCM (Powered by Shavlik)
Patching operating systems is a familiar practice, but 86 percent of susceptibilities are found in third-party tools. Surprisingly, in today’s dicey computing environment, patch management is far from being a clarified problem. Ivanti Patch for SCCM, powered by Shavlik, magnifies your organization’s venture in SCCM to lessen security threats from unpatched non-Microsoft third-party applications. Preserve your risk low and your software up-to-date without adding unnecessary infrastructure or cost.
Trim Danger and Boost Security with Patch for SCCM
Avert being the next security catastrophe headline by lowering vulnerabilities and hazards in your environment. Ivanti Patch for SCCM closes the application-patching gap by lengthening SCCM’s patching capacity to incorporate third-party application patching. Applications now serve as a higher danger to the network than the operating system. Patch for SCCM decreases the threat generated by applications by patching hundreds of common vendors and applications, including Adobe (Reader), Apple (iTunes), Oracle (Java), Google (Chrome), Firefox, and many more. Refresh even the most convoluted applications including Java and Google Chrome.
With Ivanti’s years of experience patching applications in organizations, you gain the most authentic pre-tested patch information, empowering you to patch third-party applications immediately. Ivanti only gives you the patch install necessary for your enterprise software. Patches run quietly, give you only the enterprise version of the software renovation, and skip the toolbar installation. You also don’t have to depend on end users to patch separate applications.
Boost Your SCCM Venture
Patch for SCCM broadens SCCM to include application patching but does not need supplementary platforms or workflows. The unified, automatic plug-in for the SCCM console allows you to specify and deploy application renovations from within SCCM and use current processes. Patch for SCCM declines considerably the amount of time taken between patch availability and deployment. As more applications are joined to the environment, you allot more time keeping the systems current. Patch for SCCM removes many of the hand-operated steps normally taken to specify third-party application patches in SCCM for workstations and servers, making IT promptly efficient. Patch for SCCM, conjoined with the SCCM structure, gives you the resilience to report on patching compliance. With the reporting ability already built into SCCM, you obtain considerable visibility into the patching workflow to stay compliant.
Lessen Intricacy But Bypass Accumulating Infrastructure and Cost
You’ve already spent a lot of time and money installing SCCM, so don’t break it. Why add supplementary infrastructure or consoles? The fundamental union of Patch for SCCM applies the same processes used to patch the OS in SCCM to extend third-party application updates. With the solution’s easy-to-use plug-in interface for SCCM, you apply the same workflow, action, and infrastructure already built into SCCM, diminishing the number of steps to generate application renovations. Also, the solution’s streamlined method to patching third-party applications within SCCM needs no costly consultants or supplementary services. Patch information is readied from the Ivanti Cloud and users can see patch data immediately from within SCCM. You can manually click to expand patches through SCCM software renovation packages or integrate Patch for SCCM automation with SCCM automatic deployment procedures for complete third-party update automation.
- Ability to patch hundreds of the most favorable
applications, including those hard to install
- Unified plug-in for the SCCM 2012 console
- Searchable view of available patches
- Select patches to publish and expire
- Smart filtering of patches based on multiple criteria—vendor, product, Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) number, etc.
- Customize patches to comply with company policies
- Check for and download new patch data automatically
- Publish new patches automatically, filtered based on business needs. Publish patch metadata separately for compliance, audit, or pre-deployment screening
- Expires a superseded patch with the new version
- Delete or republish updates
- Auto-detect Windows Software Update Server (WSUS)
- View and manage all products published to WSUS
- Digital certificate management—re-authorize expired certificates
- Localized in 10 languages for international support
- Supports authenticating proxies
- Supports disconnected networks
- Installation is easy, fast, and verifies SCCM configuration