November 5, 2020
at 2:00 PM—2:45 PM ET
Helping Military / FED Accelerate the Execution of Requirements
Presented by Kyle Hamilton
Date: 11/5/20 Time: 2:00pm (ET)
|Nov 5, 2020 at 02:00 pm||Nov 5, 2020 at 02:45 pm|
BMC’s workflow orchestration solution can help abstract away the complexity of all the different systems of records, data, and processes that exist today. DevOps and cloud computing get so much enterprise attention and investment today, it’s easy to forget the important fact that they are a means to an end. Government agencies are not reorganizing software development operations and redesigning IT infrastructures for the sake of change.The end goal is to innovate faster.
- Automate at every stage: At a high level, the software life cycle has three fundamental phases: build, test and run. DevOps and cloud are complementary at each phase, and automation can be applied throughout to enhance their benefits.
- Build: Modern applications require complex technology stacks that can take considerable effort to create and configure. Cloud technology has given developers unprecedented access to fully configured, ready-to-run development environments in minutes or hours, instead of the weeks or months required in the past. Even complex application ecosystems like SAP can now be provided to development teams almost instantaneously via the cloud. This eliminates the need to keep systems running and reducing risk of security exposure when they are not being used.
- Jobs-as-Code: Jobs-as-Code injects production automation
instrumentation early into the development process. Today 93 percent of respondents to a recent Forrester survey1 said they see
benefits to the Jobs-as-Code approach; 81 percent had already started developing using Jobs-as-Code.
- Test: With cloud resources, test environments that replicate the scope and complexity of production can be built quickly and cost-effectively, with no long-term commitment. The cloud also makes it practical to develop for and test on more environments, which ultimately improves software ease-of-use and reliability.
- Run: Finally, automation must ensure that application service delivery can be analyzed, predicted and computing resources and be automatically adjusted if needed to ensure SLA and compliance requirements are met.
Flycast Partners invites you to reach out to us today or attend our webinar on this important topic. Join us on November 5th at 2:00 PM EDT!